Sunday, March 3, 2013

Farm + Citrus Fusings

This is my first attempt at screen printing my pro-farm designs, as well as my first attempt printing on circles!

I had a lot of issues with the farm pieces because my screen had a little more give than I realized, so I couldn't get the pieces in the middle of my screen properly. Two sheets of cardboard were perfect for the pieces on the bottom, but three sheets were needed for the rest of the designs. All of them had three passes, yet the pieces that had three sheets of cardboard were a lot thicker - more so than my liking - than the first pieces.

I really like the way the pig looks, how you can almost see the outline of the screen mesh, and how the image looks almost worn out. Worn out imagery always reminds me of farms for some reason, but I'll see how it turns out before I make a whole bunch of them.

I am really excited and proud of these two fused series that I'm starting right now!


Sun. Mar 3, 2013
Mercedes
1) 01 ↑ 740°
2) 10 @ 740°
3) 11 ↓ 516°
4) 1:11 @ 516°
5) 1:30 ↓ 390°
6) 2:00 ↓ 50°

I'm unsure about what temperature to fire at in the Mercedes. 745° was too high, while 743° in the Large Paragon was perfect. Previous firings had led me to believe that the Paragon was actually hotter than the Mercedes, so I am a wee bit confused right now. I settled on 740° to be safe, better to fire twice than lose everything, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment