Thursday, March 7, 2013

Orange Citrus!


Continuing with the citrus theme I finally got some orange glass from FiG! With this I have orange, lemon, lime and grapefruit pendants on the go - I'm so excited!

Now the big problem is going to be mastering the skill of getting all of these tiny guys lined up and on center. It's good and bad: Bad because the pendants are small so they're hard to line up through the screen, good because that small size means I can easily run 30 at once, and bad again because that means I can mess up 30 pendants at once <_>!

Either way, after mastering the art of screening 1.25" circle pendants, I bet all other screens I make up will be a breeze!


Wed. Mar 6, 2013
Mercedes

1) 01 ↑ 747°
2) 10 @ 747°
3) 11 ↓ 516°
4) 1:11 @ 516°
5) 1:30 ↓ 390°
6) 2:00 ↓ 50°

Going from 745° to 747° seems to have been the tiny push too far. The sides look great, but the little bits on the back edge were actually a bit sharp this time. This change could be from using a different color and not from the temperature.

An important note for later is that thanks to the glorious benefits of photos I just realized that firing at 747° in the Mercedes isn't too high (as I thought it was in this firing). No, in reality I just had some chip outs that perfectly imitated glass sides that got too hot.. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment