Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Powder Screen Print Fox

My introduction to screen printing with powder was through a demo that one of my peers held. I knew you could screen print with powder because the folks over at Happy Owl had kindly explained their process to me last year when I was curious about their process.

The piece I made didn't turn out at all, the white and orange reacted and turned out looking like burnt cheese. The black background also didn't turn out, but oh well, now I know next time to print a few more layers or be a little more consistent. I'm not too concerned.

I don't have the schedule for this firing and am quite happy without it, as I have no interest in only tack fusing. Also, the schedules can't be trusted because they're from the Italian, which overfires by at least 60 degrees - so it's a very unusual environment.



No comments:

Post a Comment